DPS APPROVED ARMED & UNARMED SECURITY COURSES - STATE OF ARIZONA
For specific information on filing an application, you will need to obtain the application, which includes a detailed listing of the requirements. You will find all required forms for Initial Security Guard, Firearm applications along with the Refresher Training Verification Forms by selecting the "State of Arizona" hyperlink to the right.
A. Application Fee:
- All fees are non-refundable $72.00
- Upgrade to Armed Status is additional $50.00 ($122.00 total)
B. Education Requirements:
- Pass a Board approved Certified Firearms Training course
C. Experience Requirements:
- Meets qualification of licensure as a Private Security Guard or Private Investigator
D. Renewal Fee:
- $72.00 for Application and Fingerprint Processing Fee $50.00
- $122.00 to upgrade to Certified Armed Status
Contact us for Classroom and Range Times.
Firearms Instructor License AZ DPS #1684927
Arizona Security Guard Trainer AZ DPS #1697178
BSIS APPROVED SECURITY & FIREARM COURSES STATE OF CALIFORNIA
2017 - 2018 COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
BSIS POWERS TO ARREST/WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION (8hrs.) $50.00
Two hour instructor supervised course designed by BSIS to meet minimum standards for security officers to receive guard card. All students must be 18 years old and have picture identification. All students will be required to get "LiveScan" Fingerprint scan at a BSIS approved location. Training Manual will be included in the cost of the course.
BSIS BASIC FIREARMS COURSE (16 hrs.)
$150.00 (2 cal. & 100 rounds included) **Additional cal. $15.00 each (ammo not incl)
This 16 hour course exceeds the BSIS state requirements in instruction of "moral and legal" aspects for the use of the firearms during the course of employment. Students will need to bring picture identification, birth certificate or legal resident status identification issued by INS. Student must be 18 yrs. old. Students will be allowed to qualify with two calibers of weapons for the same course fee. Students should bring duty belt, holster, speed loaders/2 extra magazines if they have them. Range fees and ammo (100 rounds) not included. Training manual will be provided in the cost of the course.
BSIS FIREARMS RE-QUALIFICATIONS COURSE ( 2 HR.) $45.00 (2 cal. & 50 rounds included)
**Additional cal. $15.00 each (ammo not incl)
This course satisfies the new BSIS re-qualification schedule which requires a minimum of semi annual re-qualifications. Re-qualification for gun permits should be completed at least 60 days prior to expiration. There is no charge for additional calibers. Course of fire requires 3 magazines or speed loaders, holster and duty belt. Course requires 50 rounds. Ammunition and range fees not included
BSIS BASIC SIDE HANDLE/STRAIGHT BATON COURSE (8 hrs.) $100.00 + additional $50.00 for BSIS Permit*
This 8 hour course presents the "legal and moral" aspects of carrying and utilizing an impact weapon. This course consists of a written and practical exam. Course instructors are certified by "Monadnock", developer of the PR-24. Batons available for purchase after the class. BSIS permit is issued upon completion of the program. Training manual provided in course fee. *Permit issued at the end of class
EXPANDABLE PR-24 SIDE HANDLE BATON (4 hrs.) $50.00 additional to class above
BSIS has allowed the use of the expandable side handle baton impact weapon. BSIS requires that in addition to the Basic BSIS baton permit the student must receive additional training by a manufacturer certified trainer. Our instructors are certified by "Monadnock" the developers of the side handle PR-24 impact weapon.
PILB APPROVED SECURITY ARMED GUARD TRAINING - STATE OF NEVADA
This Security Guard Training course satisfies Nevada PILB Requirement to be an Armed Security Guard.
**Must already have a Valid PILB Work Card.
Initial P.I.L.B. Course is a 2 Day 16 Hour Class Including Class and Range.
- P.I.L.B. State of Nevada Initial Armed Security Course - $150.00
(Plus $5.00 P.I.L.B. Card Fee - SEPERATE MONEY ORDER MADE OUT TO PILB)
- You must be 21 years of age Employee of a Nevada State Licensee (VEAS Form Required from Employer)
- Not prohibited from possessing a Firearm by law
- This course is not intended for the new shooter
- You Must have a working knowledge of the firearm/s you intend to use in the performance of your employment.
This Course Includes:
- NRS Pertaining to the Use of Force
- Basic Firearms Safety
- Use of Force
- Firearms Manipulation
- Live Fire Shoot/No-Shoot at the Range
- Skillset reinforcement on Live Range Fire
Students must provide their own Firearm & Ammunition for the live fire range.
- 5 Year Mandatory Classroom Re-certification - $100.00 (Plus $5.00 P.I.L.B. Card Fee)
- Bi-annual (6 month) Firearm Re-qualification - $50.00
Contact us for Classroom and Range Times and Locations.
Instructor PILB# 151